Oh, and I'm only crediting people who guess the title AND artist (original or a cover).
Here goes, randomly, from my playlist, which is almost every song on this computer.
1. Rose, he knows he's such a credit to the game, but the Yankees grab the headlines every time Billy Joel, "Zanzibar". nmalfoy
2. Although we had no money, I was rich as I could be Coat of Many Colours, I think I was listening to the Emmylou Harris cover of the Dolly Parton Song.. nmalfoy
3. Mountains crumble to the sea...there would still be you and me Thank You Tori Amos' amazing cover of Led Zeppelin.</i> nmalfoy
4. We drank all his glory, and we borrowed all his time
5. 99 Duesenjaeger, Jeder war ein grosser Krieger Hielten sich fuer Captain Kirk,
Das gab ein grosses Feuerwerk Nena, "99 Luftballons" misscora
6. The windshield is covered with rain; I'm crying.
7. She walks across the marble floor where a voice from the gambling room is callin' her to come on in. She smiles, walks the other way Bob Dylan - "Black Diamond Bay"falconcat
8. It’s a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken...perhaps they’re better left unsung. The Grateful Dead - "Ripple" nmalfoy
9. ...how could I not let anybody know how sweet it is to call your name
10. Let's haul ass before the baby gets burned Bonnie Raitt - "Papa Come Quick (Jody and Chico) "misscora
11. That's an age-old story; everybody knows that's a warn-out song
12. See the children of the earth who wake to find the table bare. See the gentry in the country riding off to take the air. Gordon Lightfoot - "Don Quixote" nmalfoy
13. Clearing webs from the hovel; a blistered hand on a handle of a shovel Indigo Girls - "Hammer and a Nail" heinous_bitca, with credit to falconcat for an almostalmost.
14. Cast alone between the furrows of a field no longer sown by anyone Elton John - "Curtains" nmalfoy
15. We shall survive, let us take ourselves along where we fight our parents out in the streets to find who's right and who's wrong Elton John - "Bennie and the Jets" misscora
16. It's your world, now, I can't refuse, I never had so much to lose Garth Brooks' cover of Billy Joel's "Shameless". nmalfoy
17. I gotta fly to Saint Somewhere, I'm close to bodily harm
16.2 You're a stranger to me, then you give me your life; I toss it to one side Elton John - "Sugar on the Floor" nmalfoy
17.2 It was worth it, feeling abandoned...makes one hardened, but what has happened to love? Rufus Wainwright - "Go or Go Ahead" falconcat
18. And here we stand in a box of sand Glen Campbell - "Where's the Playground, Susie?" nmalfoy I'm *completely* impressed, my dear
19. I'm not ashamed to tell the world that you really messed up my mind. The Osmonds - One Bad Apple nmalfoy
20. These people round here wear beaten down eyes sunk in smoke dried faces, they're so resigned to what their fate is Dexy's Midnight Runners - "Come On Eileen" nmalfoy
21. Am I none the worse for trying, neither useless nor improved
22. I want to hold the hand inside you..I want to take a breath that's true Mazzy Star - "Fade Into You" merryperseis
23. How can a person go to work in the morning, come home in the evening and have nothing to say? Bonnie Raitt/John Prine - "Angel From Montgomery" neonnurse
24: Oh, I love your Roman nose...the way you curl your toes, baby.. Elton John - Mellow" falconcat.
25: It takes a whole lot of medicine, darlin', to make me forget I'm somebody else Bonnie Raitt - "Guilty". I've never heard the Nazareth Version. nmalfoy