This took me three days. I tried to put in something for everyone. Well, as much as my musical taste/knowledge will let me. It's all from my playlists (Winamp and iTunes).
Same deal goes. Guess first, title and someone who recorded it (doesn't have to be the original), and I'll credit you. This time, you get the drabble of your choosing (within reason, folks!).
patchfire, since you're getting back late, guess anyway, without looking at the other answers. I won't post stuff until you get back. People who guess right before still get drabbles. *g*
Without further ado...go for it, guys.
1. My sky-shoes are spiked with lead heels.
2. Where is your logic, who do you need, where can you turn in your delicate time of need?
3. 'Cause if I'm the man that you love the most, you could say "I do", at least.
4. But what about punk rock? ...what about punk rock? Hahahaha...
5. Like the winds that bring high tides, you bring sorrow and grief.
6. I'm drinking too much coffee, and I'm smoking cigarettes.
7. The sky is the colour of blue you've never even seen in the eyes of your lover.
8. This is not a coincidence, and far more than a lucky chance.
9. I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower 'til I write my whole life story on the back of his big brown eyes.
10. Maybe it's the end, but I know one thing...
11. You'll always be the only boy who wanted me the way that I am.
12. Don't leave your torch behind--a powercut ahead; 1972, you know.
13. When we parted we were laughing still, as our goodbyes were said,
14. La noche que te fuiste cambió mi pobre vida, quedo mi alma triste; pensando en mi dolor.
15. Neon shines through smoky eyes tonight.
16. You'll have bad times, and he'll have good times
17. Just like the time before and the time before that.
18. But Gollum and the Evil One crept up and slipped away with her
19. We're the song inside the tune, full of beautiful mistakes.
20. You just did just what I thought you were gonna do.
21. I told you twice, I was only trying to be nice.
22. I am your profits and your prophets.
23. And I can't take you dancing out on the weekend; I figured we've painted too
much of this town.
24. I wouldn't mind if only they would pay me, then I could be a person, too.
25. Barmaid, bring a pitcher, another round of brew.
26. We were young and full of life and none of us prepared to die.
27. The beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for dessert.
28. Riding on the roadside; the dust gets in your eyes.
29. Lo yisa goy el goy cherev...lo yilmedu od milchama.
30. I was born in the boredom and the chowder.
31. And we were standing in a thundercloud...dark as your hair...
32. If you could only tell them how you feel, but they're too real to understand.
33. All the stores were closed and shuttered; all the streets were dark and bare.
34. Gloria...you're living in your own private Idaho.
35. We'd just sit there and spin...could that happen? Can it?
36. Fly and find the new green bough, return like the white dove.
37. The black, black widow is sitting in the middle of the web, it's the fly she seeks.
38. I don't care what people say to me, you're more than a child,
39. Confuse liberty with weaponry, and watch your kids act it out.
40. Well, I've got twenty dollars, and I know that it can get us by the door.
41. Was there something that made you come back again?
42. Give us this day our daily discount outlet merchandise.
43. Generate me limply, I can't seem to place your name, Cherie.
44. Ce sont ces fenetres autour de moi; ce sont ces fenetres qui m'appellent.
45. We took a little bacon and we took a little beans.
46. From a town known as Oyster Bay, Long Island rode a boy with a six-pack in his hands.
47. I remember it all very well, looking back -- it was the summer I turned eighteen.
48. We're strange allies with warring hearts; what wild-eyed beast you be.
49. Two people were married, the act was outrageous; the bride was contagious, she burned like a bride.
50. Chainsmoking under the stars, played all-night pinball in bars.
51. Damn, you betrayer, how you lied.
52. Well, I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in goldmines, oil wells, shipping or real estate.
53. We're pushing forty, we're doing just fine.
54. And if I lied in spite, would you still be here?
55. I got a little limp now when I walk, and I got a little tremolo when I talk.
56. C'est la seule chose que je peux faire... et çe n'est pas bon, Ma.
57. Dawn came in this morning like some old junkyard melody.
58. Thirty some-odd years ago a young man came to Memphis...
59. Only moron and genius would fight a losing battle against the superego...
60. You're not decorating a girl for a night on the town.
61. When the world is cold, I will feel a glow just thinking of you.
61. Here's your hitch, your horse is leaving.
62. You can feel it in your olfactory.
63. I'm frightened by the Devil, and I'm drawn to those ones that ain't afraid.
64. I'd like to add his initial to my monogram.
65. We like fun, games are fun, fun is good, robots are good.
66. We'd been ten thousand miles, been in fifteen states.
67. You left open the window to the morning and the winter walked in.
68. It seems to have a vague, haunting mass appeal.
69. The wounded sky above says it's much, much too late.
70. We said "Nay, we are but men--Rock!"
71. So Mary, climb in...
72. Well-hung, snow-white tan.
73. Have you forgotten how put down we are?
74. The cash I put down could've fed a town in Somalia for a year.
75. Out of the night appeared a lady leading a distant pilgrim band.
76. Shut up, you talk too much.
77. How do you know they don't just because they've never spoken to you?
78. At the age of sixty four, he'll greet you at the door, and he'll gently lead you by the arm.
79. You didn't love the boy too much, no, no, you just loved the boy too well.
80. Your skin's all gone to grey; did you eat today? When you coming home to stay?
81. The Ringwraiths ride in black, ride on...
82. And I bide my time, like there's any other way.
83. Where would I be in times like these without the songs Loretta wrote?
84. There's no place I'd rather be than at your place for the night.
85. Crazy boy, you'll only wind up with strange notions in your head.
86. Dry martini, gigger of gin; oh, what a spell you've got me in...
87. Where's the fire? What's the hurry about?
88. Your eyes might be green, or the bluest that I've ever seen...
90. Every dream has only brought me pain...
91. Went in the park late at night, and he put a lot of people over eighty uptight.
92. A Cold War kid in McCarthy time.
93. If you'll be my baby, I'll ooga ooga mooska you.
94. A friend who taught me right from wrong, and weak from strong ; that's a lot to learn.
95. Let's stop a little, squeeze a little, prob'ly maybe tease a little, try a little, sigh a little, maybe have to cry a little bit
96. Why am I always on a plane or a fast train?
97. I have to leave, and when I'm gone, I'll leave my message in my song.
98. His camp is pitched in a stall; his bulwark but a broken wall.
99. "Youth's a mask, but it don't last; live it long, and live it fast."
100. I'll use you, and I'll confuse you, and then I'll lose you...still, you won't suspect me.