1. My sky-shoes are spiked with lead heels - Don McClean - Dreidel.
2. Where is your logic, who do you need, where can you turn in your delicate time of need? --Nelly Furtado - Turn off the Light.karabou
3. 'cause if I'm the man that you love the most, you could say "I do", at least --White Stripes, Hotel Yorba. merryperseis
4. But what about punk rock? ...what about punk rock? Hahahaha... --Anti-Flag, Indie Sucks, Hardline Sucks, Emo Sucks, You Suck! mr_t00by
5. Like the winds that bring high tides, you bring sorrow and grief - Marty Robbins - Devil Woman. songdog
6. I'm drinking too much coffee, and I'm smoking cigarettes --Melissa Etheridge, Occasionally.heinous_bitca
7. The sky is the colour of blue you've never even seen in the eyes of your lover - Carly Simon - Let the River Run. chickadilly
8. This is not a coincidence, and far more than a lucky chance - Stevie Wonder - Ribbon in the Sky
This was on the radio in the birthing room when dmbgrl1026 made me a *mom* for the very first time, so I give this one to her by virtue of sheer sentiment. I think of her every. single. time. I hear it. *loves*
9. I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower 'til I write my whole life story on the back of his big brown eyes. - Liz Phair - Whip-Smart songdog
10. Maybe it's the end, but I know one thing. - Cheryl Wheeler - If It Were Up To Me
11. You'll always be the only boy who wanted me the way that I am - Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart.
12. Don't leave your torch behind--a powercut ahead; 1972, you know - Morrisey - Late Night, Maudlin Street. merryperseis
13. When we parted we were laughing still, as our goodbyes were said - Jackson Browne - Song For Adam.
14. La noche que te fuiste cambió mi pobre vida, quedo mi alma triste; pensando en mi dolor - Linda Ronstadt - Lo Siento Mi Vida.
15. Neon shines through smoky eyes tonight. - Dave Matthews - Grace is Gone.nmalfoy
16. You'll have bad times, and he'll have good times - Tammy Wynette - Stand by your Man.nmalfoy
17. Just like the time before and the time before that. - Bob Dylan - Hurricane. songdog
18. But Gollum and the Evil One crept up and slipped away with her - Led Zep, Ramble On.karabou
19. We're the song inside the tune, full of beautiful mistakes - Christina Aguilera - Beautiful Best. Video. Ever. Made.
20. You just did just what I thought you were gonna do. - Bare Naked Ladies - One Week. moonlight69
21. I told you twice, I was only trying to be nice - Robert Palmer - I Didn't Mean to Turn You On.nmalfoy
22. I am your profits and your prophets - Alanis Morissette - Still (Dogma Soundtrack. mr_t00by
23. And I can't take you dancing out on the weekend; I figured we've painted too much of this town - Elton John - I Feel Like A Bullet (In the Gun of Robert Ford.nmalfoy
24. I wouldn't mind if only they would pay me, then I could be a person, too. - Pete Seeger - I Wanna Be an Engineer.phoenixw came close enough to qualify.
25. Barmaid, bring a pitcher, another round of brew - Jimmy Buffet - Why Don't We Get Drunk And Screw? neonnurse
26. We were young and full of life and none of us prepared to die - ABBA - Fernando. neonnurse
27. The beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for dessert - Johnny Cash - Sunday Morning Coming Down. neonnurse
28. Riding on the roadside; the dust gets in your eyes - Gordon Lightfoot - Pussy Willows, Cat Tails.
29. Lo yisa goy el goy cherev...lo yilmedu od milchama - Libana - Lo Yisa Goy. trempnvt
30. I was born in the boredom and the chowder - Paul Simon - Duncan. songdog
31. And we were standing in a thundercloud...dark as your hair... - Annie Lennox - Stay By Me
32. If you could only tell them how you feel, but they're too real to understand -Jimmy Buffett - In the Shelter.
33. All the stores were closed and shuttered; all the streets were dark and bare - Sinead O'Connor - Scarlet Ribbons. neonnurse
34. Gloria...you're living in your own private Idaho. - Guttermouth - What If? punkypower414
35 We'd just sit there and spin...could that happen? Can it?- Adam and His Package - Upside Down From Here
36. Fly and find the new green bough, return like the white dove. - Queen-The Prophet's Song Come on, harry_jp You should know this. *g*
37. The black, black widow is sitting in the middle of the web, it's the fly she seeks - Barbra Streisand - Queen Bee. (A Star Is Born Soundtrack)nmalfoy
38. I don't care what people say to me, you're more than a child - Gilbert O'Sullivan- Clair.songdog
39. Confuse liberty with weaponry, and watch your kids act it out. - Ani DiFranco - To the Teeth
40. Well, I've got twenty dollars, and I know that it can get us by the door. - Rankin Family - You Feel the Same Way Too
41. Was there something that made you come back again? - John Sebastian - Welcome Backnmalfoy
42. Give us this day our daily discount outlet merchandise. - Billy Joel - No Man's Land chickadilly
43. Generate me limply, I can't seem to place your name, Cherie. - Cockney Rebel - Sebastian.
44.Ce sont ces fenetres autour de moi; ce sont ces fenetres qui m'appellent - Rufus Wainwright - Rebel Prince. muffinbutt
45. We took a little bacon, and we took a little beans - Johnny Horton- Battle of New Orleans. dezikitty
46. From a town known as Oyster Bay, Long Island rode a boy with a six-pack in his hands - Billy Joel - The Ballad of Billy the Kidsongdog
47. I remember it all very well, looking back, it was the summer I turned eighteen. -Reba McEntire - Fancy moonlight69
48. We're strange allies with warring hearts; what wild-eyed beast you be - Dave Matthews - The Space Between. robinhoo
49. Two people were married, the act was outrageous; the bride was contagious, she burned like a bride. - Paul Simon - Hearts and Bones songdog
50. Chainsmoking under the stars, played all-night pinball in bars - Gunhill Road - Back When my Hair Was Short. songdog
51. Damn you, betrayer, how you lied - Natalie Merchant - Seven Years. muffinbutt
52. Well, I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in goldmines, oil wells, shipping or real estate - White stripes - The Union Forever. robinhoo
*Everyone* should know this song. Go find it, d00ds. Yes, that means YOU, songdog.
53. We're pushing forty, we're doing just fine - NoFX - Theme From a NoFX Album. mr_t00by NoFX is to die for. Get some.
54. And if I lied in spite, would you still be here--no--would you disappear? - Cranberries - Everything I Said.
55. I got a little limp now when I walk, and I got a little tremolo when I talk - Johnny Cash - Drive On.
56. C'est la seule chose que je peux faire... et çe n'est pas bon, Ma - Melanie - Look What They've Done to my Song,Ma neonnurse
57. Dawn came in this morning like some old junkyard melody - Boz Scaggs - Harbor Lights. Go download this, y'all.
58. Thirty some-odd years ago a young man came to Memphis - Tanya Tucker - What's Your Momma's Name?nmalfoy ...Here's another awestruck "Wow!" for the lady who got "Where's the Playground, Susie?" Same deal here. *worships* We've *so* gotta do lunch, lovey.
59. Only moron and genius would fight a losing battle against the superego - NoFX -The Decline. mr_t00by
60. You're not decorating a girl for a night on the town - Madonna - Evita Soundtrack - Rainbow High.nmalfoy
61. When the world is cold, I will feel a glow just thinking of you - Frank Sinatra - Just the Way You Look Tonight. muffinbutt
61a. Here's your hitch, your horse is leaving - DMB - Don't Drink the Water. dmbgrl1026 *should* have gotten this! :/ Oh, and Trivia! Alanis Morissette has an uncredited part at the very end of this song.
62. You can feel it in your olfactory - Loudon Wainwright III - Dead Skunk. songdog
63. I'm frightened by the Devil, and I'm drawn to those ones that ain't afraid. - Joni Mitchell - A Case of You
64. I'd like to add his initial to my monogram - Blossom Dearie - Someone to Watch Over Me. songdog I wish I had Willie Nelson's version.
65. We like fun, games are fun, fun is good, robots are good. - Big Dumb Face - Space Adventure mr_t00by
66. We'd been ten thousand miles, been in fifteen states. - Rolling Stones (with Dave Matthews) - Memory Motel
67. You left open the window to the morning and the winter walked in. - Patty Griffin - Every Little Bit
68. It seems to have a vague, haunting mass appeal - Incubus - Drive. moonlight69 I so want this song to be my life statement, but I so very often fall far, far short of it. *sigh*
69. The wounded sky above says it's much, much too late. - George Michael - Praying for Time robinhoo
70. We said "Nay, we are but men--Rock!" - Tenacious D - Tribute. mr_t00by (sorry, titleMelissa Etheridge and Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road.</b> songdog Best. Version. Ever.
72. Well-hung, snow-white tan - David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust. merryperseis
73. Have you forgotten how put down we are? - Jesus Christ Superstar Soundtrack - Heaven On Their Minds phoenixw
74. The cash I put down could've fed a town in Somalia for a year. - Capitol Steps - God Bless My SUV
75. Out of the night appeared a lady leading a distant pilgrim band. - Holly Near - Harriet Tubman songdog
76. Shut up, you talk too much. - The Offspring - Pay the Man mr_t00by ANother great and overlooked song.
77. How do you know they don't just because they've never spoken to you? - John Denver - Boy From the Country neonnurse
78. At the age of sixty four he'll greet you at the door, and he'll gently lead you by the arm. - Men of the Deeps - Working Man. This song is lovely. Hear it. starflowers and [Bad username: jlm 1779] might actually know it.
79. You didn't love the boy too much, no, no, you just loved the boy too well - Eagles - Wasted Time nmalfoy. My life soundtrack, too, dear. *grabs your arm, takes you out drinking, cries in beer*
80. Your skin's all gone to grey, did you eat today, when you coming home to stay? - Shannon McNally - Down and Dirty
81. The Ringwraiths ride in black - Led Zeppelin - Battle of Evermore
mr_t00by *is so very proud that my ickle boy got this right*
82. And I bide my time, like there's any other way - Cheryl Wheeler - But the Days and Nights are Long
83. Where would I be in times like these without the songs Loretta wrote? - Nanci Griffith - Listen to the Radio<
84. There's no place I'd rather be than at your place for the night
- Don McLean - Winterwood
85. Crazy boy, you'll only wind up with strange notions in your head - Elton John - Ticking. robinhoo *highfives for knowing this one. Again, *find* it, people. It's gorgeous.
86. Dry martini, gigger of gin; oh, what a spell you've got me in - Kingston Trio - Scotch and Soda. neonnurse
87. Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? - Billy Joel - Vienna dmbgrl1026 you just bloody posted the lyrics, love.
88. Your eyes might be green, or the bluest that I've ever seen. Elton John - Blessed chickadilly
90. Every dream has only brought me pain. - Ray Charles - Born to Lose songdog
91. Went in the park late at night, and he put a lot of people over eighty uptight. - Arlo Guthrie - Ring-Around-A-Rosy Rag
92. A Cold War kid in McCarthy time. - Billy Joel - Leningrad robinhoo
93. If you'll be my baby, I'll ooga ooga mooska you - Hank Thompson - Squaws Along the Yukon. songdog
94. A friend who taught me right from wrong, and weak from strong ; that's a lot to learn. - Lulu - To Sir With Love. neonnurse
95. Let's stop a little, squeeze a little, prob'bly maybe tease a little, try a little, sigh a little, maybe have to cry a little bit - Barry Manilow - Cloudburst.nmalfoy Marry me. Nancy, k?
96. Why am I always on a plane or a fast train? - Rufus Wainwright - Oh, What a World. muffinbutt
97. I have to leave, and when I'm gone, I'll leave my message in my song - Wings - Beware My Love.
98. His camp is pitched in a stall; his bulwark but a broken wall - Benjamin Britten - this Little Babe.bookshop. She got this one off-LJ, but it still counts. Besides, I put it in here just for her. *beams*
99. The sound you make is muzak to my ears - John Lennon - How Do You Sleep?nmalfoy. Yes, it was a swipe at Paul, as evidenced by the line, "The only thing you did was Yesterday, and since you've gone it's just Another Day." Wah.
100. I'll use you, and I'll confuse you, and then I'll lose you...still, you won't suspect me -Velvet Goldmine Soundtrack - Venus in Furs and Radiohead - Ladytron.
I've probably made a dozen mistakes, at least. I'll give y'all a couple of days to find them before I post the winners.
There's a winner for sheer numbers of songs gotten right (regardless of whether they were first). I wanted to make sure that latecomers got recognised. Thanks songdog for the idea.
There's also a winner for the person who got the most first right answers.
Prize? For those of you what wants them, a drabble (fandom/pairing of your choice, as long as I've heard enough of it to do it justice.)
For those of you what don't do fandoms/drabbles, name your prize, I'll consider it. (i.e. I'll clean your house if you pay my airfare)