1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Straight-cathed someone. You asked. Also went to my v. first Worldcon, yay!
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any this year. Next year I'd really like to drop 30 lbs.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not yet. That would be my patchfire, this March.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit in 2004?
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
More money. An actual date.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I really don't know.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving. Or it will be, when I'm done.
9. What was your biggest failure?
The car thing. :/
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just the usual colds, eye infections, yadda.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Worldcon ticket. The Dark Tower, book seven.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My Hannah's. If it wasn't for her love and loyalty, I'd go crazy. She so is a 'Puff.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
George W. Bush. Donald Rumsfeld. Mitt Romney. Rick Santorum. My Kids' Eeeeeeebil Stepmom.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, books, moving, Christmas, Nime Chow.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to GA with mr_t00by. And OMGREDSOX!!!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Anything by The Flash Girls.
17. Compared to this time last year:
Happier or sadder? Mneh.
Older or wiser? Older.
Thinner or Fatter? About the same, really.
Richer or poorer? Poorer. But I paid off a lot o' debt, and that's good.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spending Christmas?
With me mum, Hannah and mr_t00by.
21. How will you be spending New Years Eve?
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Theoretically or actually?
23.What was your favourite TV programme?
Queer as Folk, when I could watch it.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, but I've learned not to hate someone I hated this time last year. It's a freeing thing. Still don't like her, wish she'd move to Mars. But hate only made me feel icky, so I don't do it anymore.
26. What was the best book you read?
Can't pick just one. This, this, and this.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Flash Girls.
28. What did you want and get?
A bunch of books. A new place to live.
29. What did you want and not get?
A bunch of books. A new computer.
30. What was your favorite film(s) of this year?
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, actually.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 43. I saw Above Film on Imax in Manhattan with mr_t00by, bookshop, patchfire, diamond_dust06 and dancingrain. Also had my wallet stolen.
32. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More money. Not riches, just a little more.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Neil Gaiman. A surprise to all, I'm sure.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did (do) you miss?
My grandmother. My stepdad. My Dad. John Lennon.
38. Who was the best new person/people you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
That it's like mr_t00by says: Things usually DO turn out for the best.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Will you dance with me, will you laugh, will you meet me in the fourth dimension? I'm playing there every night.