1. it looks mighty strange how you let a woman like that treat you like small change
2. well, I've got twenty dollars, and I know it'll get us by the door
3. I'm just dreaming, counting the ways to where you are
4. and afterwards we drop into a quiet little place and have a drink or two
5. tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain
6. there is magic all around you if I do say so myself
7. love is still the answer, take my hand
8. we're born again, there's new grass on the field
9. beneath these branches I once wrote such childish words for you.
10. I heard you singing on the day my brother died
11. this house is like Russia, with eyes cold and gray
12. someone called us Babylon, those hungry hunters tracking down the hours
13. "Little sis, you must crack this", he says to me, "you must go in again"
14. I wear it beneath my jacket with the collar turned up high
15. drinking coffee, have to stay awake and think of you
16. people said he was useless, them people all were fools
17. my wife cried when they came to take me away
18. I've had enough of reading things by neurotic, psychotic, pigheaded politicians
19. I am older now, I have more than what I wanted
20. is the ice still in the river, are the old folks still the same?
21. Hannah, honey was a peachy kind of girl
22. if you can use some exotic booze, there's a bar in far Bombay
23. I'm all that you see, you want to see
24. rode in on a Greyhound; I'll be walking out if I go.
25. do you sit and talk over coffee cups, do headline mornings satisfy and fill you up?
26. want to be the singer, want to be the song? let me tell you something,you just couldn't be more wrong
27. I don't want to be your bandage if the wound is not mine
28. the deceiver, don't believe her, that's her trade
29. I take her to the planetarium, she says "dark"
30. so cruelly you kissed me
31. there ain't no easy way to learn how to fly
32. you know how I like it when there's people around
33. just follow the rules and keep your eyes on the road that's ahead of you
34. standing in the dark where your eyes couldn't see me
35. I am your profits and your prophets
36. we got percentage points and lousy joints and all the glitter we can use
37. the string's already broken, and he doesn't really care
38. you've never learned to read or write, there's no books upon your shelf
39. you're sailing softly through the sun in a broken stone age dawn
40. and here's to English Bay in the lovely rain
41. You didn't love the boy too much, no, no, you just loved the boy too well
42. are you ready for this, are you hanging on the edge of your seat?
43. you don't need me, I'll get off at my house
44. nacho cheese and anarchy, boy that sure sounds good to me
45. I'm gonna guy a gun, gonna shoot everything, everyone
46. I'll shroud every sign of need, I swear
47. now and then you need someone older
48. oh, that cement is just, it's there for the weight, dear.
49. you are young men, you must be living; go, now, you are forgiven
50. come on mama, come on and lactate awhile
51. the water's too polluted with germs
52. the summer's gone and I hope she's feelin' the same
53. you can drop me off on Peachtree
54. she doesn't know the meaning of her sighs
55. I look to you and I see nothing; I look to you to see the truth
56. Why all this howling, hysterical sorrow?
57. Stand and deliver or the devil he may take ya
58. it's just a game that you play
59. all five horizons revolved around her soul as the earth to the sun
60. no room for both, just room for me
61. we'll both live a lot longer if you live without me
62. they'll be lacing fingers through the notches in your spine
63. she wears that see-through nightie
64. my challenge was answered in less than a heartbeat
65. the butter wouldn't melt so I put it in the pie
66. beware of falling swingers dropping all around you
67. when I took up his offer, I must've been mad
68. I'll do for you anything, too, oh
69. and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
70. how do you know they don't just because they've never spoken to you?
71. get some wine for later this evening
72. the hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands
73. and the miller, he has served him worse than that
74. she is the belle of Belfast city
75. and these I bought thee gladly
76. I've been dead for twenty years; I've been washing the sand with my ghostly tears
77. you can legalise your lows, you can wear your summer clothes
78. a child is born to a welfare case where the rats run around like they own the place
79. he sees creatures from his dream under water
80. life is a game and true love is a trophy
81. open the door, long hair
82. juke box plays, but now it's fading away
83. stifling yawns on Sundays as the weekends disappear
84. in Napoli where love is king
85. tonight will be the last time she'll wonder where he's been
86. we are but men--rock!
87. I can barely see the bourbon drowning next to me
88. the blues and the greens have been recently cleaned
89. shoot me the pot and I'll pour me a shot
90. thought it might be nice to come into your kitchen and play
91. my love will turn you on
92. you're hiding something sweet, please give it to me
93. you catch me in the farm, you sound your alarm
94. high in the theatre in the sky
95. there is an aching in my head from a bed I can't get used to
96. just give that rhythm everything you've got
97. once I get hold of you, I won't let go of you
98. I remember every little thing as if it happened only yesterday
99. she comes out of the sun in a silk dress running like a watercolour in the rain
100.from you I get the story
101.you get used to it, baby; you just wait and see, lady
102.and after all, we're only ordinary men
103.are we in love or just friends?
104.they were dancin' and singin' and movin' to the groovin'
105.na na na, na na na, na na na na na na na na
106.just how it goes, goes without saying
107.lord, forgive me for what I do
108.don't confront me with my failures--I have not forgotten them
109.each tea lasts an hour, and he wanders home alone
110.love in her eyes and flowers in her hair
111.I had fifteen people telling me to move, I got movin' on my mind
112.the clouds are clearing and I think we're over the storm
113.I know just when to face the truth and then I know just when to dream
I think I fixed any misnumbering, and I don't THINK I repeated any. If I did, extra credit! And remember to guess BEFORE you look at the other answers, because I'll be crediting everyone who gets it right, not just the first.
Oh, and bookshop? That WAS you who called and left a message on my house phone, right? I just got it today. *loves*
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go find my missing cell phone.