1.What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before? Doula'd (is that a word)? at the magical, amazing, fantabulous homebirth of my darling patchfire and her equally darling ickle boo J.
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions and will you make more for next year? I don't think I made any.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yep. See #1.
4. Did anyone close to you die? My beloved Roz-dog. :(
5. What countries did you visit? Just this one.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? A place to live that's right for me.
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 23 March. See #1. This is a recording.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting a position on the day shift (which is not the exact one I want, but it's a start).
9. What was your biggest failure? Not saving enough money. I need to work on that.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I hurt my knee, but it's better now. And I had the flu like wow around the New Year, when I was moving house.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My computer, complete with teh spiffy 19-inch flat monitor. *loves*
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My children, who never cease to amaze me.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The Bush Administration in general.
14. Where did most of your money go? Bills and food (I eat out waaay too much. See #9).
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Anansi Boys, The Witching Hour. And see #1. :)
16. What song will always remind you of 2005? Anything by the Flash Girls.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer? Same, same, same.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Writing.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Working. It pays the bills, but is a time-suck.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Working, unless my wish list request comes true.
21. Did you fall in love in 2005? Yes, with Charles de Lint's books. No people, though.
23. What one goal do you honestly expect to achieve in 2006? Moving further on the road to contentment. Sounds like a Hallmark card, but yeah. How much further is up to me, and sometimes circumstance. Oh, and buying another car. But that's a need, not a goal. :/
24. What was your favourite TV program? Queer as Folk. Pretty much the ONLY television I watched, except for baseball.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?. No, but I don't hate someone I hated last year. I decided hating takes up waaay too much energy.
26. What was the best book you read? Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and Someplace to be Flying by Charles de Lint
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? The Flash Girls. Well, technically that was 2004, but still. Oh, and rediscoveringJohnny Cash. And of course, pandora.com.
28. What did you want and get? A day shift position, and out of the geriatric unit.
29. What did you want and not get? An iPod. And a house with functioning doors.
30. What was your favourite film of this year? Mirrormask, full stop.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old did you turn? Participated in the RI AIDS walk with mr_t00by. I turned 44.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Spending more time outside.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? Loose, black, and comfortable.
34. What kept you sane? Books and music, as usual.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Neil Gaiman. How could you not?
36. What political issue stirred you the most? The war, GLBT rights, marriage equality.
37. Who did you miss? Roz.
38. Who was the best new person you met? Um, see #1? *cuddles J*
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
15 there's still time for you
Time to buy and time to choose
Hey 15, there's never a wish better than this
When you only got 100 years to live
40. Quote a songlyric that sums up your year:
Get up in the morning, slaving for bread, sir,
so that every mouth can be fed.