List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your Livejournal along with your seven songs:
1. The Beautiful South - The Slide. I'm actually thinking of taking this into work and offering it to be played for the patients on our ADI unit.
2. Emmylou Harris - Red Dirt Girl. I love story songs, and this one's sad and beautiful and Emmylou really does have one of the loveliest voices in the universe.
3. Roy Zimmerman - Defenders of Marriage. This was written in response of the Defense of Marriage Act, which I'm sad to say was signed into law by my own Bill Clinton in 1996. Funny satire of a not-funny-at-all law.
4. The Mamas and the Papas - Twelve Thirty (Young Girls are Coming to the Canyon), which is a beautiful, optimistic song in itself, but I've been playing it a lot while writing/plotting my new fic (and no, I haven't forgotten my old fic, this bunny just took hold of me and won't let go, and OMG I'm actually writing!), because it reminds me of someone with too many bad memories in one place who moves to somewhere completely new and is able to change his outlook and find contentment (and that's all I'm going to say about THAT for now *G*).
5. Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear the Reaper, because it's way cool Classic Rock, and it's great for turning up loud in the car. Also, it's part of one of the opening scenes from The Stand, which I highly, highly recommend.
6. Liz Phair - Whip-Smart. mr_t00by is leaving the country for almost four months right after Christmas, and this reminds me of him. I like the attitude of this mom. :)
7. Michael Murphy - Carolina in the Pines I first heard this song when I was around nineteen or so-it was either right before or right after I got married, because it was on one of his albums (this was 1980--before CD's, people (the first CD didn't show up in the U.S. until 1983). I was young and newlywed and childless and had my whole life ahead of me. Today, I have four kids and am divorced and life stretches back further than life to come does. This song reminds me of those younger, easy times.
| Feminine |
You scored 43 masculinity and 60 femininity!
|You scored high on femininity and low on masculinity. You have a traditionally feminine personality.|
|My test tracked 2 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:|
|Link: The Bem Sex Role Inventory Test written by weirdscience on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the 32-Type Dating Test|
Okay, so I knew that. I assert, however, that although I am definitely a girl, I am not a girly-girl.
And bleh. It's suddenly hot in here, with this heater blowing on me. *turns it off*