1. One book that changed your life? The Stand by Stephen King. The first SK book I'd ever read. It changed the direction of my reading, which to a geek like me is a lifechanging thing.
2. One book you have read more than once? Winter'sTale by Mark Helprin. The narrative is gorgeous, a character in itself. Peter Lake, the main character, is on my list of Favourite Fictional Characters.
3. One book you would want on a desert island? If I can't cheat and pick a series, it'd have to be The Talisman, by Stephen King and Peter Straub. It's my second favourite story ever, I think.
4. One book that made you laugh? Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. I should have known that reading it on a crowded city bus was a bad idea.
5. One book that made you cry? Wizard and Glass by Stephen King. I sobbed. I was PATHETIC.
6. One book you wish had been written? I'll have to go with cedarlibrarian and say Hogwarts: A History by J.K. Rowling.
7. One book you wish had never been written? On Becoming Baby Wise: The Classic Sleep Reference Guide Used by Over 1,000,000 Parents Worldwide by Gary Ezzo and Robert Bucknam. This isn't just bad, it's dangerous. If I see it in a store, I hide it behind something and hope nobody buys it.
8. One book you are currently reading? Slowly rereading Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub. It's not anywhere as good as The Talisman (don't get me started on how The Talisman was never supposed to be a DT book in the first place), but it's Jack Sawyer, and I love him nonetheless.
9. One book you have been meaning to read? Hard Core Roadshow by Noel Baker. Except it's forty-three dollars, and I kind of doubt my library has it. :/ [ETA: Amazon.ca has it here for about half the import price, better still with the exchange rate. It's a moot point as I'm broke, but next week? It's mine.] [ETA: Apparently this book is nigh on impossible to get. Which is SO not fair. Why is Amazon lying to us? Is it some vast conspiracy?? Huh??!]
10. Now tag five people:
No theme to this other than all the songs are currently on my iPod, and I didn't add any specifically for the meme. Because y'all are dying to know what my current musical trends are, of course.
Credit will go to everyone who guesses right,so you can guess if someone did already. Just don't peek at the comments before guessing, 'kay? If I'm not too lazy-arsed, maybe I'll give out virtual prizes.
1. How come I gotta die to get a chance to talk to you face to face? maggiesox
2. You're an untamed youth, that's the truth, with your cloak full of eagles
3. Where you end, where I begin, is like a river going through
4. Your mama, the long and suffering prisoner of what she can not see
5. Die Nachbarn haben nichts gerafft und fuehlten sich gleich angemacht sam80853,stormwynd flutteringazure
6. Looks like Christmas at 55 degrees; this latitude weakens my knees
7. You can get just so much from a good thing; you can linger too long in your dreams maggiesox
8. I wanna feel your breath even though you like to flirt with death maggiesox
9. And you don't need to wonder, you're doing fine; my love, the pleasure's mine topaz7
10. It makes me mad at truth for loving what was you shellsong
11. Consume more than you need; this is the dream
12. Either don't let go, son, or grab the nearest friend
13. Calculate the percentage and disfigure every cost; there'll be another mall open on Monday
14. Hey, honey, you got lots of cash; bring us down a bottle and we'll have some laughs topaz7, eltonroo
15. She's like a new girl every day, and all the rest don't bother me
16. Must be strangely exciting to watch the stoic squirm eldritchhobbit
17. Ah, take me home, please, I'm cold brooklinegirl, sam80853
18. It's hard to run from a starving family eltonroo
19. Trying to tell you all that I can in a sweet and velvet tongue
20. My love will laugh with me before the morning comes topaz7
21. With a mandolin or an angry grin and a dead wife in the larder
22. Every schoolboy knows the hiding places I don't brooklinegirl
25. Many times I've gazed along the open road eltonroo, eldritchhobbit