The sun came out.
Daughter came home from school for the summer.
Spent the good part of an hour with ex-husband without killing him, or even wanting to.
The sun came out.
Took my dog to the vet. She's got arthritis, poor thing. She's six but her knees are about fifteen. Got meds, which I hope will work for her.
Son sold his old car, and is now driving his rebuilt older car, which he did the work on himself.
The sun came out.
Yeah, okay, so it's been raining for almost a week. It's worth mentioning three times.
In other news, I'm still head/face/jaw achey. Tired most of the time. Calling doctor in the morning. Do NOT want to feel like this when I go to Nimbus.
1. what fandoms do you participate in?
Actively? Really active, just Harry Potter. But I read and chat with people from LOTR. Just don't write it anymore.
2. what was your first fandom?
Babylon 5. Still have a crush on Delenn to this day.
3. what fandom are you *so* over?
Lotrips, because it's gotten ugly. I'll still read like two authors, because they're too good not to read. Also Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon. Give me Han/Luke any day.
4. what is your favorite fandom? favorite pairing?
Current favourite, Harry Potter. I think I'm staying in this one for a good long time. All time favourite, tossup between HP and The X-files.
Favourite pairings? My two OTPs, Harry/Draco and Mulder/Krycek. I also think Frodo/Sam is the sweetest pairing ever.
5. what would you rather poke your eyes out with spikey hot flaming daggers than read? what pairing in particular?
Mary Sue, Plebefic, nonsensical pairings. Bad Grammar. I have a whole laundry list.
Particular Pairing? Draco/Ron, for one. Probably Harry/Ginny, although if someone I liked wrote it, I'd probably give it a shot. Or maybe not.
6. what do you reeeeeeally wish someone would write (ahem, write *well*, that is)?
Artemis Fowl/Draco Malfoy. Because. Just because.
7. complete this sentence: if i see [name/character] in a story, i simply won't read it.
Nondescript Silmarillion elves. I don't get random elfsmut. Why don't these people just write original stories?
8. secret story kink?
Hmm. Ron/Ginny, if that's a kink. Only not NC-17. PG and angsty.I don't like this pairing for the hotness, but for the challenge to the characters.
9. complete this sentence: if I read [fill in the blank] in the warnings, I simply won't read it.
Rape. Necrophilia. Bestiality. Torture. Pedophilia. Most character death. I'm a wimp.
10. what pairing will you read no matter who writes it? what pairing will you avoid like the black death?
I won't read a bad story, no matter the pairing. Pairing I avoid? Harry/Ginny. Anyone/Skinner.
11. complete this sentence: i really wish [person] would write [pairing/fandom] fic.
I wish Torch would write Harry/Draco. Also mommybird, who writes the best Harry/Snape ever. And I don't usually even like that pairing.
12. what story made you cry like a little girl? Erosion by Annie Sewell-Jennings. Mulder/Scully AU. Yep, het. I bawled my eyes out. One of the best fics I've ever read, and I read it eons ago.
13. what story makes you hothothot? Plenty. Off the top of my head, thegraybook's A Season In Hell, frances_potter's Resolution, Adrienne's Of Ruins and Rescues, vanityfair's Love Under Will, Torch's North-West Passage series. Many more.
14. what is your comfort fic? you know, the one that always makes you feel squishy when you're feeling low: Absolutely, definitely, positively Kissing Harry Potter by vanityfair. I'm its self-appointed pimp.
15. what would you like to take a shot at writing? Narcissa Malfoy. Because she's a blank slate. I'd like to get into her story. Also more poetry.