Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post lyrics for the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly.
I'm gonna do it by the rules this time and actually use the first 25 random songs that come up. I'm using my iPod, which has four hundred something songs on it, so I should be fine. :)
1. I can't explain the feelings plain to me,
now can't you see,
Ah, she gave me more, she gave it all to me,
now can't you see.
2. He's there with a can of beer, got his work clothes on, but he never moves;
Look out, I think he's kind of weird,
he's setting up a bug-zapper barbecue.
3. A man hurts a woman and a woman hurts a man
when neither one of them will love and understand
and take it with a grain of salt.
4. Right behind you I see the millions,
on you I see the glory;
From you I get opinions,
from you I get the story.
5. Well there's two men lying dead as nails
On an east Virginia farm,
for charity's an argument
that only leads to harm.
6. Lock him in uniform and book burning,
blood letting. Every motive escalate.
7. We'll shake em all down tonight
were gonna mix in the street;
Strike at the stroke of midnight
Dance on the bones till the girls say when
8. Through this world I’ve stumbled,
so many times betrayed;
Trying to find an honest word,
to find the truth enslaved
9. The kid was just crass;
He was the nazz,
with God given ass
10. Why do we waste our breath, child
on what we like the most?
Seeing as we've wound up here,
we ought to do them both
11. And all the beads we made by hand
are nowadays made in Japan
12. In that August breeze
of those forgotten trees,
your time was set for leaving,
come a colder season
13. I won't let it show,
I'm all about denial,
but can't denial let me believe?
14. Too many people
and not enough eyes to see
Too many lives to lead
and not enough time
15. Don't throw your hand.
Oh, no. Don't throw your hand.
If you feel like you're alone,
no, no, no, you're not alone
16. But for every tiny dancer
there's a dog that's had its day;
The truth is never quite the same
as what the papers say
17. And when they're really listening,
listening so much closer,
what is it we're missing?
The skyline hears the ocean
18. But I'm not above
Making up for the love
You've been denying you could ever feel
I'm not above doing anything
To restore your faith if I can
19. There's love in your skies
reflecting the sunlight
in my lover's eyes
20. Disillusion has an edge so sharp;
It tears at your soul and leaves a stain upon your heart
I need you to wash mine clean;
You've felt it too, and you need me
21. If it's all the same to you,
here's what I'm gonna do:
I'm gonna buy a gun
gonna shoot everything, everyone
22. So churn them out quick and fast,
and we'll still pat your backs
'cause we need what we can get
to launch another dozen acts
23. Oh, if only I could nestle
in the cradle of your cabin,
my arms around your shoulder,
the windows wide and open
24. So tonight I'll set a vigil,
and my shadow's all that's cast,
and the iron that's encased it
is doing all that one could ask
25. I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
till he learns to let his hair down
far enough to climb outside