So. Entertain me? Write me a drabble, tell me a joke, tell me a story or a poem. Tell me your favourite song or show or play or movie or book, and why. Ask me a question. Send me a screenshot of your desktop or a picture of something or someone: your dog or the last movie you saw or your cousing Bob from Peoria. Anything or anyone. I need help staying
In return, I'll do this meme (gacked from my lovely wife patchfire), which may or may not make your week. Probably the second thing.
1. How tall are you barefoot?
2. Have you ever smoked meth?
3. Do you own a gun?
4. Who's your best friend?
songdog, patchfire, and several LJ-less people.
5. Do you get nervous before "meeting the parents"?
Honey, I AM the parents.
6. What do you think of hot dogs?
I agree with Charlie Brown. They taste better with a ball game in front of them. Which, parenthetically, is pretty much the only time I'll eat them.
7. What's your favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Coffee, cream, one sugar.
9. Can you do push ups?
I rather doubt it.
10. Is your bathroom clean?
AHAHAHAHA YOU'RE KIDDING, RIGHT?
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?
My dragon ring, but I have to clean it before I wear it again. It looks awful. Also, my turquoise-coloured #5 Earring. It's just one earring, and it's a turquoise coloured "5". I occasionally can find it.
12. Do you like painkillers?
I would if they didn't want to make me throw up. Actually, I can take opiates in very small doses. (ONE Tylenol#3 or maybe a Vicodin. One.)
13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
I agree with patchfire This is an awfully heterocentric question, isn't it?
14. Do you own a knife?
Dude. I have a whole drawerful. Also forks, spoons, and chopsticks.
15. Do you have A.D.D.?
Yes. Officially. Also some form of dyscalculia.
16. Middle Name?
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?
-It's cold in here
-I wonder if the tikkatakka of the keyboard is bothering the other nurse.
-I wish I could play some music.
18. Name the last 3 things you have bought:
- Cat food
- A candy bar
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink:
-Mike's Hard Lime
-Mambo Smoothies from The Garden Grille
20. What time did you wake up today?
1:50 p.m. I have weird circadian rhythms. I went to bed at something like at 5 a.m.
22. Current worry?
Paying bills after I figure out their location.
23. Current hate?
My house being dirty.
24. Favorite place to be?
25. Least favorite place to be?
Driving a car with no radio.
26. Where would you like to go?
Germany, Vancouver, Washington, D.C., Cape Breton, Toronto, Boston, Maine, Britain, Michigan, Ireland, Alberta, Australia, Atlanta, Block Island, Tewksbury, New Hampshire, Vietnam, Scandinavia, and a lot more I can't think of at the moment.
27. Do you own slippers?
No, dammit, and I should.
28. What shirt are you wearing?
Black long-sleeved T, black skirt with yellow flowers, low boots with practically flat heels.
29. Do you burn or tan?
Both. Burn first, then tan, although I'm not usually out in the sun long enough to get to the tan stage.
30. Favorite color(s)?
Black and green.
31. Would you be a pirate?
No. I hate boats.
32. Last time you had an alcoholic drink?
Saturday night. Yay Mike's Lime!
33. What songs do you sing in the shower?
Whatever I've been listening to recently.
34. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
The maple tree outside of my house. I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP. You can even ask songdog. I had weird fears.
35. What's in your pockets right now?
I don't have any.
36. Last thing that made you laugh?
Something someone at work said, of which I now have no recollection whatsoever.
Best sheets you had as a child?
38. Worst injury you've ever had?
I had bladder surgery when I was two and a half.
40. How many TVs do you have in your house?
Only one that actually works, and it isn't plugged in. ETA: It is actually plugged in at the moment, because i_am_a_hannah was watching endless episodes of "King of Queens." She was bored. I offered Men With Brooms. She declined. Her loss, I guess.
41. Who is your loudest friend?
Karen. The other one.
42. Who is your most silent friend?
43. Does someone have a crush on you?
If someone does, they're not telling me.
44. There apparently is no 44. At least not on patchfire's version.
45. What is your favorite book?
Book, singular? The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub.
46. What is your favorite candy?
Homemade Toffee Nut Crunch
47. What song do/did you want played at your wedding?
"The Wedding Song" by Paul Stookey. Although he wasn't actually at the wedding; someone else sang it. *g* If I ever were to get married again (which I won't), It would definitely have to be Monkberry Moon Delight
48. What song do you want played at your funeral?
Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy, in its entirety. And most likely its sequel. *loves*
49. What were you doing 12 AM last night?
Reading some fic or whatnot.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up?
That I had to get up.