1. Describe your idea of a perfect day. It could be a memory, or a wish or a dream. Feel free to include magic or time travel or whatever you want. It's your day, after all.
The first part is true:
I'm twelve years old. The sun has just come up, and I'm walking in the newborn August sunshine with my very best friend. It's not usual for either of us to be up and out so early, so we're very excited. It's a momentous morning, and we've planned it ourselves. We're singing every morning song we can think of: Morning has Broken, The Morning After, a bunch of others. A soft breeze sweeps across our faces. I'm twelve, she's thirteen, and life is forever. There's a whole endless month until school starts.
And because it's my perfect day, I can change reality:
My very best friend does not move away that very afternoon. We don't lose touch and she doesn't die too young thirty years later. Instead, the day stretches into infinity, and we two, just reaching the far edge of little girlhood, keep walking and singing. It's morning, it's summertime, and we're singing the world new again.
2. Hottest. Pic. Ever. I stole this idea from someone, but y'know.
It's just gotta be this one:
3. Pimp me a place to travel to, and tell me why my life will be so much bleaker if I don't go there.
Block Island, RI, USA. I linked the picture page (okay, now I SO have Bill Cosby in my head) because Block Island is all about the Pretty. And the history.
4. Write something. Anything, really.
Next post. *g*
5. Send me a songfile.
Elton John - Bad Side of the Moon (live, 1970)
6. Two words: Fic Rec.
Torch's North-West Passage Series, aka "Ghosts" and "Lovers"> (X-Files, Mulder/Krycek). This is one of my two favourite fics ever.
Underwater Light by Maya (Harry Potter, Harry/Draco). This is my other one.
7. Write something (drabble, ficlet, heck, write a novel!) containing one or more of the following sentences:
1. It was all over when the old lady dropped the bowling ball.
2. Contrary to the old saying, failure is sometimes a completely reasonable option.
3. It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.
4. To accept it is impossible, to live without it unthinkable.
5. It's a repository of possibility.
6. Okay, this is not happening.
7. I've always wanted to see the ocean.
8. Ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed of having my own things about me.
9. When life gives you lemons, throw 'em at someone you hate.
10. How can you think of food at a time like this?
This one I'll have to work on.
8. One word (sorta): picspam. Any picspam at all. Be as random as you want. Or don't want.
Oh, I'm all about teh random :)