1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Lived in Pawtucket. I seem to be creeping further north every time I move. In a few years, I might even make it to songdog's house. Except she's moving west-ish.
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Here and there in Amerika.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A housekeeper to come in once a week and clean.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 29, because that's when croosa and tapped_trish were married. *throws confetti*
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
The usual. I suck at housework.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
Non-LJ friend Sandra gave me a pretty dark-pink dress.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My kids, who were their usual splendorific selves.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Same as the last five years, G. Dubya Bush.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, bills, but I did get to take a couple of trips, one to visit patchfire and one to visit moonlight69.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The wedding! Also that I'm finally, finally going to Celtic Colours after like ten years of wibbling about it.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Most likely all of The Captain and the Kid.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? About the same, I guess.
b) fatter or skinner? I lost somewhere around 20 lbs last year, so skinnier, I guess.
c) richer or poorer? Mostly the same.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Travelling. Writing. Winning the lottery.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
On Block Island at my mother's house.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Yes, but not with a person, and it was more of a rekindling than a new love.
22. How many one night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
Slings & Arrows.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone. Didn't last year, either.
25. What was the best book you read?
Someplace to be Flying, by Charles de Lint.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hugh Dillon. Oh, and the Hip.
27. What did you want and get?
28. What did you want and not get?
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
An Inconvenient Truth.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don't remember, and I'm older 'n dirt.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Hmm, more travelling? Even though I did take two vacations? Writing more.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Same as always. Early Salvation Army hippie schoolmarm.
33. What kept you sane?
Music, books, fandom.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Alfred E. Newman.
Honestly, people. Where have y'all BEEN? *dreamy sigh*
35. What political issue(s) stirred you the most?
The war, as usual. And social justice in general, equal marriage in particular.
36. Who do you miss?
Family members who've died, old friends.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I couldn't decide, probably.
38. What was the best thing you ate?
Tuna sashimi, most likely. As usual. Things Chocolate, as well.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006?
I don't think I learned one. Is that pathetic or good?
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
And the bridge it shines, oh, cold hard iron,
saying "Come and risk it all or die trying"
And every one of us has to face that day:
do you cross the bridge or do you fade away?
and every one of us that ever came to play
has to cross the bridge or fade away.
Also, missapocalyptic? malnpudl?
I rest my case.
Dear Rufus Wainwright,
Please make an album of Elton covers? Really, it'd be great, and it'd make me endlessly happy.
Love, love, love,
P.S. How are you so pretty?
Rufus Wainwright - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
And another cover:
Indigo Girls - American Tune (live). The modern day national anthem, so it is.
"Oh, but it's all right
It's all right
We've lived so well, so long
Still when I
think of the road we're travelling on
I wonder what's gone wrong;
I can't help it I wonder
what's gone wrong"
I'll be doing the requisite 'what I got for Christmas' post soonish, along with some picspam meme stuff. I know y'all are on the edges of your seats in anticipation.