With what five characters would you like to be stranded on a desert island?
1. Benton Fraser. It's obvious. If I were stranded on a desert island with Fraser, well, I just wouldn't be for very long. Dude. This guy can escape from a sinking ship, a flooding bank vault, and a hundred other dire situations. And even if it took awhile, it's okay, because Fraser is smart, interesting and fecking gorgeous.
2. Anna Conroy. Even if we couldn't escape, she'd make me feel better about it all, and she could come up with an idea or two about how to make it work.
3. Diefenbaker. Because he's Dief! He'd help out hunting for dinner and stuff, and he's a good conversationalist. *g* Besides, it would make Fraser happy.
4. Harry Potter. Um, because he's got magic. Fastest way off the island. Except I'm a Muggle, so it might not work, but hey. It's worth a try.
5. MacGyver. Team this guy up with Fraser and there'd be no question of being stranded. We'd all be home in two shakes of a lamb's tail (well, okay, that's what Fraser would say, not me).
Also, from omphale23:
(now with fileshare links!)
1. Put your music player on shuffle.
2. Press forward for each question.
3. Use the song title as the answer to the question even if it doesn't make sense. NO CHEATING!
4. Tag 5 people to ask them to do this!
5. Bold the questions and with the answers, give your own comments on how it relates to the questions.
1. How are you feeling today?
Frank and Nancy Sinatra - Something Stupid (I'm going to work. This does not bode well.)
2. Will you get far in life?
Moxy Fruvous - Canada, We Love You (well, we do, and we also love Moxy Fruvous, but that's not important right now. Apparently to get far in life I have to read up on Canadian Politics. *wins at life*)
3. How do your friends see you?
Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly (With His Song) (They see me as music-obsessed? Good call, guys.)
4. Will you get married?
Rock Bottom Remainders - Proofreading Woman (Hmm. I'm either going to marry an editor or I'm going to need one)
5. What is your best friend's theme song?
Elton John - Harmony (There's an analogy here, but I'm not sure what it is)
6. What is the story of your life?
Frank Sinatra - Summer Wind (Since this song reminds me of baseball, it makes me all happy, so yay!)
7. What was high school like?
Paul Gross - Robert Mackenzie (Somehow I don't think my mother would have taken "If I don't come home tonight I will make it home someday" as an excuse).
8. How can you get ahead in life? (I actually skipped this one by mistake. Pretend it's the last one.)
Stan Rogers - Bluenose (Get my picture on a dime, I guess. Or take up sailing.)
9. What is the best thing about your friends?
Gross and Keeley - No Business (them young boys up in the tree, yessir)
10. What is in store for this weekend?
Headstones - Nickels For Your Nighmares (I'm working all weekend. This also does not bode well. But OMG, how much do I love this song? I mean, "Hugh Dillon saying 'possibly'" is one of my LJ interests, mostly because of it)
11. What song describes you?
Bobby Darrin - Mack the Knife (Be afraid, be very afraid)
12. To describe your grandparents?
Patty Griffin - Every Little Bit (makes NO sense at all. My grandparents have been dead for a lot of years. And anyway, this song reminds me of Ray Vecchio, wtf?)
13. How is your life going?
Gross and Keeley - Cherry Beach (Hmm, well. By the title, it's going pretty well. By lyrics, still not TOO bad. And maybe it means that David Keeley will sing to me on a rainy seashore. I kind of like that idea)
14. What song will they play at your funeral?
Gross and Keeley - Blind Man (Now, that's just silly
15. How does the world see you?
Natalie Merchant - My Skin (*wibbles* This is definitely one of my theme songs, so yeah.)
16. Will you have a happy life?
Paul Gross - Ride Forever (IT'S ON SHUFFLE! IT IS! And I guess the answer is, "no, but it'll be long and possibly involve horses")
17. What do your friends really think of you?
Stan Rogers - Straight and True (Awww. My friends know me pretty well, I guess. And gods, this is such a beautiful song. &hearts &hearts Stan Rogers &hearts &hearts)
18. Do people secretly lust after you?
Pamela Morgan - It Ain't Funny (This may mean 'yes, but only in Newfoundland and Labrador.' Where I've never been. Whee?)
19. How can you make yourself happy?
Figgy Duff - Henry Martin (Um. Evidently I'm a really odd person. Maybe it means I'm loyal to my family? No? Okay, then. *runs off to pillage*)
20. What should you do with your life?
Natalie MacMaster - If Ever You Were Mine (Celtic Legacy) (Take up the fiddle! Well, all right, then.)
Tagging? Anyone who feels like doing it. It was my idea to add the song files, 'cause I'm pimpy like that. Feel free not to. *g*