(Impassioned Plea: Please, no spoilers for The Sopranos in comments. I'm only a few eps into the first season and I'm really, really paranoid about spoilers. I almost didn't put Tony on the list because of it).
1. Eddie Dean (Dark Tower) 2. Benton Fraser (due South) 3. Draco Malfoy (Harry Potter) 4. Ellen Fanshaw (Slings & Arrows) 5. Alex Krycek (The X-Files) 6. Tom McLaughlin (H2O) 7. Ray Kowalski (due South) 8. Roland Deschain (Dark Tower) 9. Bran Davies (The Dark is Rising) 10. Tony Soprano (The Sopranos) 11. Remus Lupin (Harry Potter) 12. Geoffrey Tennant (Slings & Arrows)
1. Have you ever read a Six/Eleven (Tom McLaughlin/Remus Lupin) fic? Do you want to?
Dude. If there's one out there, I not only want to read it RIGHT NOW, I want to marry the person who wrote it. Even if it sucks, because OMG, the mind that would think up something like this.
2. Do you think Four (Ellen Fanshaw) is hot? How hot?
Hotter than the Mojave in July, d00d.
3. What would happen if Twelve (Geoffrey Tennant) got Eight (Roland Deschain) pregnant?
OMGHAHAHAHA. Armageddon, probably. The real question is: What on earth would their kid be like?
4. Can you recommend any fics about Nine (Bran Davies)?
I could, but I'd have to go looking, and then I'd get sidetracked and forget I was doing this meme. If anyone else can rec some, I'd read 'em.
5. Would Two (Benton Fraser) and Six (Tom McLauglin) make a good couple?
Almost definitely not, but I'd pay cold (Canadian) cash for the privilege of watching them try.
Five/Ten, because Five/Nine is just...wrong. Besides. Alex/Tony would actually make for a good story.
7. What would happen if Seven (Ray Kowalski) walked in on Two (Benton Fraser) and Twelve (Geoffrey Tennant) having sex?
He'd figure if this is the kind of dream his subconscious thought up, maybe he should get the extra spicy marinara on his pizza every time. Then he'd join in because hey, it's his dream, not Fraser's, and he should be a part of it. At least he hopes it's not Fraser's, because if it is, Fraser's more of a freak than Ray thought.
8. Make up a summary for a Three/Ten (Draco Malfoy/Tony Soprano) fic.
"It's the final battle of the Second War. General Draco Malfoy makes Tony an offer he can't refuse."
9. Is there such a thing as One/Eight (Eddie Dean/Roland Deschain) fluff?
You know, there probably is. Somewhere on ffnet, maybe.
10. Suggest a title for a Seven/Twelve (Ray Kowalski/Geoffrey Tennant) hurt/comfort fic.
"Just Before the Thread Snaps".
11. What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted Four (Ellen Fanshaw) to deflower One (Eddie Dean)?
Pre-canon: During renovations to the New Burbage Theatre a construction crew uncovers a long-hidden door in Ellen's dressing room. Her curiosity gets the best of her and she steps through it she finds herself in Brooklyn's (yes, I meant Brooklyn) Co-op City, circa 1985. While trying to find out what happened and get back in time for opening night of The Taming of the Shrew, she is aided by a beautiful young man with a monkey on his back.
12. Does anyone on your friends list read Seven (Ray Kowalski) slash?
Oh, I'd say all signs point to yes..
13. Does anyone on your friends list read Three (Draco Malfoy) het?
Maybe, but I try not to think about that.
14. Does anyone on your friends list write or draw Eleven (Remus Lupin)?
15. Would anyone on your friends list write Two/Four/Five (Ellen Fanshaw/Benton Fraser/Alex Krycek)?
No, but I really wish somebody would.
16. What might Ten (Tony Soprano) scream at a moment of great passion?
I don't think I want to know. And I really should have put Vecchio on this list, because Ray V/Tony Soprano would be way cool and even make sense.
17. If you wrote a songfic about Eight (Roland Deschain) which song would you choose?
18. If you wrote a One/Six/Twelve fic, (Eddie Dean/Tom McLaughlin/Geoffrey Tennant) what would the warnings be?
"Warning: Several incidences of authorial self insertion. If you don't like such things, read the fic anyway, because it's hotter than the hottest fiery sun."
19. What would be a good pickup line for Two (Benton Fraser) to use on Ten (Tony Soprano)?
"Buon Giorno, Signore. Would you happen to know the whereabouts of a Detective Armani?"
20. When was the last time you read about Five (Alex Krycek)?
It's been awhile. I should rectify this.
21. What is Six's (Tom McLaughlin) super seekrit kink?
Power. It's his only kink and he doesn't keep it seekrit anymore. Enough of secrets, because whether we like it or not we are all truly bound together. IF WE HAVE ANY HOPE WE MUST BE REBORN WITHOUT BORDERS BECAUSE THERE IS NO CANADA. THERE IS NO UNITED STATES. THERE IS NO CHINA. WE MAINTAIN THESE FICTIONS AT OUR PERIL AND IT IS TIME TO SHED OUR HYPOCRISY.
22. Would Eleven (Remus Lupin) ever shag Nine(Bran Davies)?
It could happen.
23. If Three (Draco Malfoy) and Seven (Ray Kowalski) get together, who tops?
Kowalski. I mean, come ON.
24. One (Eddie Dean) and Nine (Bran Davies) are in a happy relationship until Nine (Bran Davies) suddenly runs off with Four (Ellen Fanshaw). One (Eddie Dean), broken-hearted, has a hot one night stand with Eleven (Remus Lupin) and a brief unhappy affair with Twelve (Geoffrey Tennant), then follows the wise advice of Five (Alex Krycek) and finds true love with Three (Draco Malfoy).
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with this question so I'll take the opportunity to mention that nobody ever follows the wise advice of Five, not even the guy who created him [/X-Files rant]. And also, Eddie/Draco? Bleeeach. NOT a good match.
25. What title would you give this fic?
"One Great Big Ball O' Wrong"
26. How would you feel if Seven/Eight (Ray Kowalski/Roland Deschain) was canon?
That it was just one more Karmic reason that if the Dark Tower movie(s) are ever made, CALLUM SHOULD BE CAST AS ROLAND.
Speaking of aukestrel: This thread makes me want to make a dS Tarot Deck. Like, a real one. I bet there are places online where you can put your own images on cards and things. Anyone know of one?
mr_t00by's birthday was yesterday. He's eighteen, OMG. Yesterday we went to the Chapel as one of his presents. We stood up almost the whole time because standing room has a much better view of the field than the bleacher seats. Two national anthems, three-ish hours and thirteen runs (nine of ours, four of theirs) later the Sox had won, which means that I can hold my head up in Toronto next week. The only problem is, now the Evil Empire is in second place. eltonroo, you must throw Good Wishes at your team so they can pull back ahead of the Yankees. Just the Yankees, mind you, and after today's game. Don't go getting carried away or anything.
Fannish Notice: scally has posted some high-quality screencaps from Murder Most Likely over here (three guesses which one is my favourite). Usually MML caps are blurry unless you make them tiny but these are sharp and clear and good-sized. scally has now taught me how to get the same results: stop the video before capping. It takes longer, but I tried it today on something else and it worked! Yay!
Speaking of picspam, these are gorgeous:
Oh, Martha. They're from this play which I had no idea ever existed. I really, really wish I could have seen it. I need a way-back machine. More pictures are here. Left click on "right click to download" to see the hi-res versions or, um. Right click to download. :)
Still not have seen OotP. I was supposed to today, but the friend I was going with didn't call me and I have to work this afternoon anyway. Bleh.
My hair is short. Like short. Maybe I'll post a picture sometime if I can have someone take one I could bear posting. I like the hair, mind you. It's just pictures of myself in general I can't stand.
Still not sure who I'm voting for in the Democratic primary, although Dennis Kucinich is saying some interesting things about some of my top issues, like health care, NAFTA, immigration and climate change. I don't agree with his take on all of the issues but for the most part I think he makes a lot of sense. I don't think he has a huge chance of winning the primary, let alone being elected President, but boy, he makes me think. I have to look at everyone else, too; he's just the one I started with because songdog said I should. *g*
Two cool bits of trivia I learned recently:
Keifer Sutherland's grandfather was Tommy Douglas.