Also: It's the end of September and it's hot enough that I can't sleep. I went to bed early, and everything, wah. So, in honour of my overheated insomnia, here's a meme!
Make a list of ten characters without peeking at the questions:
1. Curt Wild (Velvet Goldmine)
2. Anna Conroy (Slings & Arrows)
3. Bob Fraser (due South)
4. Londo Mollari (Babylon 5)
5. Ray Vecchio (due South)
6. Severus Snape (Harry Potter)
7. Benton Fraser (due South)
8. Joe Dick (Hard Core Logo)
9. Cigarette Smoking Man (The X-Files)
10. Dexter Lexcannon (Buried on Sunday)
1. Divide the list up by even and odd. Which group of five would make a better Five Man Band (like a Power Rangers team)? Who would you slot in each position: Leader, Fighter, Diplomat, Scientist, Eye-Candy? If you think the team would be improved by swapping one character between the even and odd groups, which ones would you switch?
Team 1 - Curt Wild, Bob Fraser, Ray Vecchio, Benton Fraser, CSM.
Leader - Bob Fraser. Fighter - Ray Vecchio. Diplomat - Benton Fraser. Scientist - CSM. Eye Candy - Curt Wild.
Well, okay, it's not perfect, but it's certainly not horrible. If all else fails I could just stick (Benton) Fraser in every category and send everyone else out for pizza, but I'm thinking that's against the rules.
Team 2 - Anna Conroy, Londo Mollari, Severus Snape, Joe Dick, Dexter Lexcannon.
Leader - Anna Conroy. Fighter - Joe Dick. Diplomat - Dexter Lexcannon. Scientist - Severus Snape. Which would leave Londo as Eye Candy, which I guess he is, if you're Centauri.
Team 1 would definitely make the better team, mostly because the team members would work best together as a whole. You've got Fraser and Vecchio who are proven to work well together, and even though CSM is kinda evil, he's knows a lot of science-y stuff and is good at organizing. Curt Wild is pretty? And like I said, any team with Benton Fraser in it is going to do okay because people listen to him (well, not always Vecchio, but see above for "proven to work well together") and he could fill any of the roles if he had to.
Team 2 would be okay in the end, though, because of Dexter and Anna, who I really think would work really well together and be able to keep everyone else in line. Anna is one of the only people I'd trust to be able to go up against Snape in an argument and win. Also, Snape is the perfect choice for a science guy. I don't know if I would switch anyone. Hmm.
2. Gender-swap 5, 8 & 10 (Ray Vecchio, Joe Dick, and Dexter Lexcannon). Which character would have the most change in their story arc? Which the least? Would any of these characters have to have a complete personality change to be believable as the opposite sex?
Joe Dick definitely would have the most change, although I'd bet actual cash that there's plenty of fanon support for this being Not Such a Bad Thing At All Nosir. The least affected would be Dexter, because his gender isn't a real factor in his story arc. Ray Vecchio's story wouldn't change much, really, except to add gender as an issue in his family life. His crush on Fraser would be more obvious (if it could actually BE more obvious than it already is). Fraser wouldn't care. All women are our sisters, Ray. *g*
3. Compare the matchups of 5/8 (Ray Vecchio/Joe Dick) and 2/9 (Anna Conroy/CSM). (Ignore canon sexual preferences for the moment.)
Ray V/Joe? I. Can't. Even. Someone really needs to write this. Extra points if it's NOT crack.
Anna/CSM. Well. She wouldn't take any BS from him, that's for sure. She'd probably leave him in the end because of her strong moral code.
The winner here, hands down, is Ray V/Joe. Because it's just so...wrong, which is why it has to be written.
4. Your team is 3, 4 & 6 (Bob Fraser, Londo Mollari, Severus Snape). The mission consists of a social challenge, a mental challenge and a physical challenge. Which team member do you assign to each challenge?
Social: Londo. He's not ideal, but he HAS led an entire people, weak though he may be. Not to mention that he was an ambassador at one point and being a diplomat was his job.
Mental: Snape, obviously. He's a bloody genius.
Physical: Bob. Yeah, he's no spring chicken, but he's in pretty good physical shape with all that Mountie training and is certainly better off physically than the other two. If he's already dead, even better, because then he can do pretty much anything without getting tired.
5. 7 becomes 5's boss for a week in some plausible fashion. How's their working relationship?
Ray Vecchio is Benton Fraser's BOSS? Oh, my. *hides* First of all, Ray would gloat loudly for the first day or two and go out of his way to be bosslike, which would instantly send Fraser into passive-aggressive mode. I think they'd be able to deal with it in the end, though, because when all is said and done they adore each other and are fiercely loyal to each other. But honestly? They'd both be really, really glad when the assignment was over.
6. 1 (Curt Wild) finds him/her/itself inserted into 9's (Dexter Lexcannon) continuity. As far as anyone other than 1 or 9 is concerned, they've always been there. What role would 1 be presumed to have had in 9's story, and could they fit in without going wonky?
Curt would have to be a Solomon Gundian, like maybe Zeda's long-lost nephew that she doesn't talk about. He's probably only been there once or twice as a small child, but he knows he has non-asshole family there, and maybe he's desperate for something real in his life, so he goes out to try and find some peace. He takes up fishing by day and then starts doing some acoustic stuff in the local pub at night. Zeda is just too puritanical to live with so Gus offers to let him stay at his place, which leads to what could be a mighty fine crossover, yessir. I mean, Curt/Gus? OMGYES.
7. 3 and 7 (Benton and Bob Fraser) get three wishes. The catch is that they have to agree on all three wishes before they get the benefits of any of them. What three wishes would they make?
Oh, wow, what a great premise for a story. I think they'd both want to be able to go back and prevent Caroline's death, which would change both of their lives to such a degree that their whole situation could be different. The other two they'd argue over and I'm really not sure what they'd settle on; maybe one wish for each of them? It would depend on where they were in canon (or if it were pre- or post-canon). If Vecchio were still undercover, Benton Fraser's wish would definitely be for his safety. Otherwise it would be something to do with Ray Kowalski's happiness, which in my little corner of the universe would consist of Ray, Fraser, and a cabin in the Yukon. Bob Fraser would maybe want a grandchild. I'm not sure how Benton would feel about that one, though, or how it would happen considering his own wish (see bit about Ray, Fraser, and a cabin in the Yukon).
8. 2 and 8 are brainwashed by a one-time artifact that works even on people immune to mind control to attack and kill 1. They keep their normal personality, skills and competence level, except any Code vs. Killing has been turned off. Can 1 survive? How?
Anna and Joe Dick are brainwashed to try to kill Curt Wild. *sigh* Poor Curt, he doesn't stand a chance against their combined forces, unless he can find a really, really good hiding place. Like Solomon Gundy. Oh, yes, I love how things just fit together like this. :D
9. 1, 6, 7 & 9 (Curt Wild, Severus Snape, Benton Fraser and CSM. Holy incongruous, Batman) must help an orphanage full of small and depressed children have a merry Christmas. Who does what, knowing that at the very least the kids will be expecting a visit from Santa?
Fraser and Snape actually agree that the decorations should be the old-fashioned kind. Fraser goes out to chop down a Christmas Tree and gather pine boughs and holly despite a blinding blizzard the likes of which nobody has seen in the past century. They gather the kids and they all do the decorating ("Many hands make light work!" says Fraser ad nauseum, until everyone else is so sick of hearing it that they give in and help). Since CSM is filthy rich, they get him to buy a bunch of presents (I don't even wanna know what they are) and holiday food and drink. Snape Transfigures CSM into someone who looks like Santa then casts Imperious on him to make him ACT like Santa. Then Curt and Fraser grab their guitars and lead everyone in singing Christmas carols (except for CSM and Snape who are in the back room getting drunk while playing endless games of Exploding Snap, which CSM thinks is the best game ever).
10. 4 (Londo Mollari) and 10 (Dexter Lexcannon) are challenged to circumnavigate the Earth in eighty days or less, using only forms of transportation invented before 1900. Can they do it, or will they be fatally distracted by sidequests or their own personality conflicts?
They could do it, because they're both determined people. I don't really know at all how they'd interact. They'd probably get along okay. They both like to drink a little too much, so they'd have to temper that in order to work the equipment which would be brand-new to both of them. Also, Londo's ambition might get the best of him if he were offered a side-trip that involved a. making money or b. doing something for the Glory of Centauri.
Oh, great. Now I've got this Curt Wild/Augustus Knickel crossover bunny in my head. Like really in my head. Yay?
Going to bed now. *turns fan up*