- I have so much to do and not enough time to do it, and it's all my fault. Today I go and clean out the old place with Hannah and figure out how to move the rest of the furniture. Quite honestly, though, except for one bed that was built by my stepdad, I don't care if the landlady takes all of it. I'll try to be responsible, though. For once. After I clean today I go to work at eleven, whee! Then at three on Sunday for a double shift. Holy shit.
- OMG, did I even mention that I'm expecting another grandchild? I didn't, did I? Oldest child Mary *points to icon* is due in December. She'll be having the baby at home, and I get to be her doula! *wins at life* She's a teenytiny thing (5'2" if that), and therefore will look very cute indeed at say, 37 weeks. She will likely disagree with me at the time. :D
I'm going to ask Mary's midwife about finding an apprenticeship. Maybe finally I'll get going again towards what I actually want to be when I grow up? If I get one I'm thinking of not doing my Bachelor's in nursing, but rather something much funner, like history or poli-sci.
- Discovered through camwyn's LJ: FurSuit!Cthulhu. Is that not adorable and twisted and utterly wonderful?
- I want to start taking fiddle lessons again. Anyone in the Boston area know where I can get lessons? I'd rather do classes than private, but I'm open to any suggestions. I am particular about the tradition, however--as much as I love Old Time and Bluegrass and Irish trad, and anything, really, I'm set on learning Cape Breton style (Quel surprise!). Everything starts with the same basics, but still. I'd rather go with the same instructor for everything.
- My eyes are killing me. I'm having a flare-up of my chronic infection, and I'm itchy and burny and watery. And it's not allergies, so please, over-the-counter CVS, people, stop telling me it is.
- Honestly, does everything thrown at this guy turn to gold? Talk about taking lemons and making lemonade. Sheesh. Whatever luck he has, I could use some of it. Also, If I were a convict, I'd SO want a job in the prison library. I could make like Fraser and push my little cart o' books around and everyone could give me the evil eye and stuff.
- Dear CBC,
*hates on your new format*
I mean, way to dumb down the website. Where's my Latest News stream that's always right there when I click on 'video'? Gone. Where's my FULL SCREEN VIDEO of clips from The Hour? Gone. It's horrible, hard to use, and generally sucks like a sucking thing. It was bad enough the last time they redid it. This format is the Pit of all Pits, and I'm stuck with it, because it's not like I can watch any of this stuff on television. Grr.
- Does anyone know how to make me automatically stay logged on in LJ/gmail/everything? For some reason clicking 'remember me' or 'keep me logged on' doesn't work. It's obviously something with the computer itself, but I'm not techhie enough to even know where to look. Advice, all you technically inclined people? Also, I am still not able to track my comments on other people's LJs except for email. 'Manage settings' just loads and loads and never stops. The support people have been less than helpful, which probably means that they have no clue either. That particular annoyance happens no matter what computer I'm on, so in that case it's something LJ-specific. Ugh.
Now I've gotta get ready to go clean or Hannah will kill me. Angry!Hannah is a force to contend with, so I'd better not be any later than I already am. TTFN, all!