- For the five or so people who haven't seen this, here's the video version of Jian Ghomeshi's interview with Hugh Dillon on CBC's Q:
- CHURCHFAIL: I missed church today because I mistakenly thought the service started at 9:30, when it actually started at 9. I got there at like 9:03 and didn't want to barge into choir without having rehearsed this morning OR on Wednesday night (which was thankfully an excused absence) so I left without even getting out of my car. There was an 11:00 service I could have gone to but I was too embarrassed to do it. Hopefully I can explain myself adequately this Wednesday.
- Yesterday I saw Capitalism: A Love Story at the Kendall Square Cinema in Cambridge. As much as Michael Moore has his issues, I'm usually charmed and informed by his movies, and this one was no exception. I still might make a more indepth post about it, but the best thing I learned was what an amazing guy FDR was, and how radically different the world would be if he had lived to make his dream of a Second Bill of Rights real.
- After the movie I went to Shabu-ya in Harvard Square for dinner. I had been looking for Shilla, where I always go when I'm in Harvard Square; apparently it has recently merged with another place owned by the same family into a shabu-shabu restaurant. Since I had no idea what shabu-shabu was or even that this particular place served it, I went with maguro sashimi and yummy seafood-scallion pancake. Nom nom. I sort of hate the Star Trek TOS-type decor, but the food was really good, so I'll definitely go back.
- Firefox has been sucking recently--constantly crashing on me for no apparent reason. Is anyone else having the same problem or is it something to do with my computer? I suppose I should reinstall it to see if that helps, but I've been lazy about it.
- Dear Flashpoint: Cop shows aren't supposed to make me cry. I forgive you completely, however, because you are love with a side of awesomesauce.
- Which brings me to the Song of the Day:
It's kind of obviously about residential schools (as much as any Hip song can be said to be about any one specific thing), but it also fits in with the themes of the episode really well. ♥Flashpoint