01. What's the last thing you ate? American Chop Suey with canned spaghetti and vegetarian ground "meat".
02. What's your favourite cheese? Feta.
03. What's your favourite fish? Almost everything.
04. What's your favourite fruit? Strawberries.
05. When, if ever, did you start liking olives? I've alwayse liked the green ones in the jar with the pimientos. Don't like any other kinds.
06. When, if ever, did you start liking beer? Probably about age ten or so. I used to be allowed a seven-ounce bottle once in a while.
07. When, if ever, did you start liking shellfish? Um, birth? At least by age four.
08. What was the best thing your mum/dad/guardian used to make? Creamed Salmon. She hated it, but we loved it. Also creamed chipped beef. My mom had a depression-era menu.
09. What's the native speciality of your hometown? Coffeemilk. It's statewide, although I'm not really a native.
10. What's your comfort food? Chocolate or mashed potatoes.
11. What's your favourite type of chocolate? Dark. Especially Chocolate oranges.
12. How do you like your steak? Don't eat it.
13. How do you like your burger? Garden.
14. How do you like your eggs? Poached, scrambled, over easy.
15. How do you like your potatoes? Mashed with margarine. Yep, margarine.
16. How do you take your coffee? Cream, one sugar.
17. How do you take your tea? Herbal tea I like with nothing added. Regular tea, just milk, thanks.
18. What's your favourite mug? Anything big and heavy.
19. What's your biscuit or cookie of choice? Chocolate chip.
20. What's your ideal breakfast? Hmm. If I'm home, organic cereal with skim or rice milk. Out, eggs and toast.
21. What's your ideal sandwich? Boring canned tuna, Oh, and portobella mushroom and onion on brioche.
22. What's your ideal pizza (topping and base)? Soft crust, topped with Anchovies, onion, feta cheese, and tomato sauce.
23. What's your ideal pie (sweet or savoury)? Hot apple, a la mode with chocolate ice cream.
24. What's your ideal salad? Really good salad bar stuff.
25. What food do you always like to have in the fridge? Cheese, strawberries, milk, filtered water, eggs.
26. What food do you always like to have in the freezer? Ice cubes.
27. What food do you always like to have in the cupboard?Pasta.
28. What spices can you not live without? Cinnamon, pepper, garlic, nutmeg, salt.
29. What sauces can you not live without? I can live without most sauces. I like pesto and old-fashioned red sauce.
30. Where do you buy most of your food? Combo of Stop and Shop (large grocery) and Whole Foods (large natural grocery.
31. How often do you go food shopping? When I'm out of food. I'm not organised at all.
32. What's the most you've spent on a single food item?I have no idea. Expensive wine once or twice?
33. What's the most expensive piece of kitchen equipment you own (excluding 'white goods')? Is a Kitchenaid Mixer a "white good?" Otherwise, um. I have no idea.
34. What's the last piece of equipment you bought for your kitchen? Two small saucepans.
35. What piece of kitchen equipment could you not live without? My can opener.
36. How many times a week/month do you cook from raw ingredients? It depends on how busy I am.
37. What's the last thing you cooked from raw ingredients? Salmon, carrots, potatoes.
38. What meats have you eaten besides cow, pig and poultry? Venison, lamb, probably beefalo. Don't eat meat anymore.
39. What's the last time you ate something that had fallen on the floor? I don't remember. I don't like to do that, because I live with a dog, three cats, and teenagers.
40. What's the last time you ate something you'd picked in the wild? I ate a chive (yes, *a* chive) from my herbalists yard a couple of weeks ago.
41. Place in order of preference: Thai, Sushi, Chinese, Italian, Indian, Mexican.
42. Place in order of preference: Gin, Vodka, Brandy, Tequila, Whiskey, Light Rum, Dark Rum (I hate Tequila, Whiskey and Rum basically equally. *gags*).
43. Place in order of preference: Garlic, Basil, Lime, Mint, Anise Seed, Caramel.
44. Place in order of preference: Strawberry, Orange, Apple, Pineapple, Cherry, Banana, Watermelon.
45. Place in order of preference: Music, Sex, Movies, The Internet, Fashion, Sport (except baseball. That's right up there in the Top Three, not sure where).
46. Bread and spread: Homemade whole-wheat bread, fresh from the oven, with butter.
47. What's your fast food restaurant of choice, and what do you usually order? I really hate fast food. I guess I'd have to go with D'Angelo's veggie teriaki pita.
48. Pick a city. What are the three best dining experiences you've had in that city? Boston. Vinnie T's (huge portions of yumminess!), China Pearl (with littlealex, and Trader Vics in Copley Square (although I probably remember the social aspect more than the food, and I don't think it's there anymore).
49. What's your choice of tipple at the end of a long day? Alcohol: Champagne. NonAlcohol: Chamomile tea.
50. What's the next thing you'll eat? Probably breakfast tomorrow morning. Probably late dinner on the run. Today's another driving day.