1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before? Got my first job as an RN.
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't think I made any, and I dunno if I'll make some this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No, surprisingly.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? Just my own. (US)
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003? Money, orginisational skillz.
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? None, I guess.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? See #1.
9. What was your biggest failure? Staying too sedentary.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Dang fibroids still bothering me. But yay! Insurance now.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Well, it wasn't a purchase, more like an investment, but probably contributing to the Dean campaign. Also enrolling in AAMI.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? mr_t00by, just because.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The kids' Eeebil Stepmom. Be thankful you don't know her (see #37).
14. Where did most of your money go? Away.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Starting work, OoTP, DT5.
16. What song will always remind you of 2003? Rufus Wainwright - Go or Go Ahead
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? same
iii. richer or poorer? same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Spending time outside.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Kvetching.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Working.
21. Did you fall in love in 2003? Quite the opposite.
22. How many one-night stands? Well, two dates with the same guy. Bleh.
23. What was your favorite TV program? Buffy the Vampire Slayer
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Yes. Although I didn't like her much in the past.
25. What was the best book you read? Tie: Stephen King - Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla, J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and the series His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Johnny Cash. After his death, I discovered him all over again.
27. What did you want and get? A job.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Love, Actually (I've only seen ROTK in a blurry sleep-deprived haze, so, subject to most likely change).
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 42 and have no idea what I did. How pathetic.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Moving.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003? Rummage through closet, find what's clean.
32. What kept you sane? My kids, my music, Stephen King, J.K. Rowling, Philip Pullman, National Public Radio and patchfire.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Ewan, as always.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The war, the war, the war.
35. Who did you miss? My fifteen-year-old self, actually. She was great.
36. Who was the best new person you met? I really don't know.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003: Hatred is an awful feeling. Reallyreally awful. If you can avoid it, do.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "And I've been down for so long, baby, and I've been up all night: I know it, I feel it, I think maybe this is gonna be all right." (Cheryl Wheeler, Spring).